People go about their daily chores, oblivious to the fact that exposure to radon gas in their homes can lead to fatal health problems. It has been pitted against carbon monoxide poisoning because just like the latter, it is a silent killer. In fact, studies show that there are more deaths resulting from prolonged exposure to this radioactive gas. As a result of uranium decaying, it can make its way into your house and gets trapped there. That is why it is important to get your house tested by buying test kits or have it done by a professional to ensure accuracy.
Radon gas can get into the house in every possible way without you ever detecting it. When you opt for long term testing, it can take as long as 90 days but it would also be the most accurate. Take time to study the benefits of long and short term testing so that you can decide which way to go. Once it is confirmed that you have a high level of radon gas exposure in your residence, look into mitigation techniques and systems to reduce that risk. Consequently, you do not have to sell your house, as the system would be able to eliminate it completely and effectively.